So, you want to attend a Club Event? What do you need to do?
- You must be a full Member or following the ‘Passport scheme‘ working towards Full Membership.
- Every Monday at the Club Evening, the Event Files will be available for members. Choose the event that you want to attend and write your name and contact number clearly in the spaces provided on the Event Form. Contact numbers are essential in the event that an activity is cancelled or arrangements changed.
- You can also find the Events listed online on Meetup. Members can join events using this website but please be aware that some organisers do not use Meetup, so it is essential that you either sign the appropriate Event Form on Club Night or contact the organiser directly.
- Some events have large numbers attending so it is advisable to make a note of how and when you paid an event fee. Please pay the event organiser promptly as in some cases they will need to pay for tickets in advance.
- Most deposits and event tickets are non-refundable. It is your responsibility to sell your ticket or give your place to another member if you cannot attend.
- Put it in your diary and turn up! Notify the organiser if you are unable to attend so that they are not standing round waiting for you. The event host’s contact number will always be published in the full member’s event schedule and on the Event Form, so make a note of it.
- Finally, please try something new and enjoy the activity.